Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, May 12, 2006

Not Pop Culture At All . . .

but this article in the Washington Post is so eerie and sad I had to share it. One year to the day after a lost long-distance hiker wrote about his waning hope in the margins of a map, a pair of lost day-hikers stumbled on his abandoned camp. There they found matches that allowed them to lite a signal fire leading to their rescue. Amazing. This all happened on the Pacific Crest Trail, which my mom has always wanted to hike. Mom. Don't do it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I finally read this. Very, very sad. And can you imagine how it must have felt to be the lost hikers who found his camp and realized he had died a year ago? I would have definitely started panicking. I'll add this to my list of reasons I don't hike.

5/17/2006 7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home