Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Is nothing sacred?

It looks like someone may have tried to hack into the computers at Us Weekly. I can't help but wonder if the culprit is someone who wants to get ahead in our proposed Us Weekly fantasy league.

I haven't looked at this week's issue yet, but I have to laugh at the cover story: Janet Jackson telling us "how I got thin." Ummm...isn't this Janet's M.O.? Get thin, put out an album, finish the tour, get fat, get thin, put out an album... lather, rinse, repeat. I hope the article points this out and makes mention that this yo-yo dieting, no matter how cut Janet looks now, just can't be healthy.

ETA: I actually thought about this after posting (yes, I know it is sad that I honestly think about Janet Jackson's weight while sitting at home or shopping at the grocery store) and I think I was being unfair to Janet. Sure, maybe it isn't the healthiest way to lose weight. But if Janet decides that she wants to enjoy food and that she doesn't mind photos being taken of her while a little pudgier, good for her. She has decided she likes being skinny but also really likes food (apparently). So instead of compromising every single day she decides to kill herself to get thin sometimes, but to totally enjoy her food for other periods of time. It seems like a valid choice to me. Sorry, Miss Jackson!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home