Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Real World/Road Rules Challenge: Fresh Meat


So here's something for summer viewing: MTV has finally decided to mix things up a little with its new installment of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge. Instead of two teams of teammates from RW and RR casts, there are 12 RW/RRers and 12 people who have never been on the show before, competing. It is unclear whether the teams are mixed between fresh meat and experience, and the website isn't very helpful.

For the benefit of us all, I decided to watch the On Demand trailer for this season as well as individual profiles for seven of the fresh meat contestants (that's all they had, I swear I would have watched more!). I decided to jot down my impressions while I watched:

Aviv--Israeli fighter slut who tells her parents everything.
Evelyn--Westchester 18-year old lesbian who says she is aggressive, likes people to be intimidated by her and looks like a cute version of Fergie. Plays softball and is fiesty.
Jesse--Manipulative, passive, flirty, tenacious, self-centered, flirty, a little effeminate.
Johnnie--24 year old confident athlete who got teased for doing homework by people in the Savannah, GA Black community and is fastidious. Fear of snakes and heights. Thinks he is "complex" and a jack of all trades, master of none.
Kenny--Likes "smoking hot chicks" and seems to think this is fascinating. Believes women should stay at home. Might be one of the dumbest people on Real World or Road Rules, ever.
Linette--Former bulemic Miamian with parents from Spain and Cuba
Ryan--Charming, cute, gay alpha male

Fresh Meat premieres May 29 at 10 p.m. on MTV (I'm sure I'll just watch it all On Demand when I have a few minutes).

I also got a great clip of Celebrity Deathmatch: Paris Hilton v. Nicole Ritchie. I watched it twice! Can't wait to see how it ends. There was also a clip of Where My Dogs At? featuring Maddox Jolie-Pitt, a total hellion who calls his mother "big-lipped lady." Both looked really good, both coming to MTV2 in June!