Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

"Over the moon!"


Us Weekly is confirming that Jennifer Lopez is pregnant. And, according to a friend, she is "over the moon."

I'm as big a fan of "Hey Diddle Diddle" as the next Fraggle, but what is up with this saying? Have you ever heard anyone use it in real life? I haven't. Yet every time a celebrity has some good news, s/he is reportedly over the moon.

J-Lo. Lionel Ritchie when he heard of Nicole's pregnancy. Eva Longoria, describing Marcia Cross' feelings on getting married. Toni Colette, on her pregnancy. Enough already! Can't they just be happy? Is happy not enough? Thrilled? Ecstatic?

When I read someone using the term, I immediately like them less (which is sad, because I always liked Toni Colette). Luckily, J.Lo. herself hasn't used the phrase (yet). This is good news, because I don't think I could be friends with someone who says "over the moon," and if I ever met her, I think I would want to be J.Lo's pal (once I convinced her that fur was evil, of course).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home