Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Will Harry live? Will Harry die?

In just a day and a half I can begin reading the final installment of the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I guess I could actually begin reading now, since apparently a New York Times reporter got a copy of the book (and managed to read it and file her story in about 12 hours), and the internet is rife with spoilers about how the series will conclude (in fact, in an abundance of safety, I'm not going to read any potential comments to this post until after I am finished reading the book).

I have already told friends that I can't do anything this weekend because I have to read the Harry Potter book. I have scheduled a grocery delivery for Saturday, because I know there is no way I won't be home. I have arranged to pick the book up at a downtown Borders at midnight. I chose this store after scoping out the area bookstores and determining this will be the least busy (they told me the last person on line got out of there at 12:20 a.m. when book 6 was released). I'm feeling prepared.

I must be done with the book by Monday, because otherwise I am sure to hear some sort of leaked information in the hallways at work. I have just reacquainted myself with the first six books of the series, so I am hopefully aware of any potential loose ends that have yet to be tied up.
I'm feeling ready! Look for a post on Monday, full of spoilers.

Labels: