Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Waiting for this song to change

Of all songs that So You Think You Can Dance could have chosen to use as its "solo song," they had to choose John Mayer's "Waiting for the World to Change?" It played ten times, once for each dancer. Actually, it probably played more because they showed it in the previews when Wade Robson was teaching them the dance.

Clearly, I'm not a fan of the song. Nor was I a fan of hearing it over and over. The show didn't do this "everyone dances to the same song and routine" thing last year, so I was surprised to see it. I didn't much like it, but that could be because I am a really bad judge of dance and I didn't see many differences in each routine. I did think that Lacey's and Danny's were particularly good. And I didn't see the big deal about Sabra's. It seemed fine, but not the standout performance everyone else thought it was. But again, I can't judge dance.

The routine I really liked last night was Pasha and Lauren's, but I suspect that was an all-around favorite. I am usually a big fan of the Shane Sparks routines. He did Benji and Donyelle's first pairing last season, which I (and just about every other fan) just loved.

I wasn't clear on whether they are going to continue this same solo routine deal, but if they do, I really hope that next week they pick a song I can stand hearing.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home