Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Very Special Day

Guess what today is?  The first birthday of this here blog. Yay!  Happy blogiversary!

Holt and I are in Thailand. There is not much to report on the pop culture front. In Phuket, we were able to catch a couple of old episodes of The Amazing Race. It was the season with Rob and Amber, and I rekindled my love for the brothers Brian and Greg, just in time to see them eliminated. We also learned that apparently Asia got to see the episodes of "Kidnapped" that were never shown in America, which doesn't seem fair.

Manchester United is mysteriously popular here. They announced while we were boarding our flight from Phuket to Bangkok today that Thai Air Asia is the official airline of Man U. And Holt saw a door for sale with the Man U logo carved in it.  What's up with that Thailand?

I'm now in my extremely awesome hotel room in Bangkok (it has a hammock and sand), watching a bizarre looking sport called Kabaddi, which looks sort of like Red Rover.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Red Rover????!!!! Can you bring back a DVD so that we can all enjoy Kabaddi?

2/14/2007 9:29 AM  
Blogger Ragalicious said...

I know allll the rules for kabaddi! I thought it was an indian sport. WOOHOOO!!!!

2/14/2007 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home