Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, August 04, 2006

My Name Is Bailey Quarters, and I'm a Sudokuholic


As you might have realized by now, I am a huge dork. One way that this manifests itself is in my love of puzzles of all kinds -- jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, acrostics. You name it. Until recently, this has included Sudoku, the now-ubiquitous number-based logic puzzle. But lately I have come to the realization Sudoku actually sucks. It's the same thing over and over again, and, unlike with crosswords, you never learn anything, or appreciate the elegance of a clue. It's just a bunch of computer-generated numbers in a grid.

The problem is that I cannot stop. Every morning, I find myself reaching for a pen when I get to the back of the Style section. And when I'm bored at work, I find myself clicking over to the on-line version in the Post. This stuff is seriously like crack. What is that first step again?

4 Comments:

Blogger t.s. said...

Barnes & Noble sells a hand-held device that generates Sudoku puzzles ad infinitum. I'll let you know whether they're any good when my wife opens her birthday presents....

8/04/2006 11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, I am so on the same page with you. I counsel people not to even start. I don't even like the game anymore, either, but I simply cannot stop. It's so bad that I could even pick up the exact same puzzle 15 minutes later and rework it as if it were new. Terrible terrible terrible. Now, do I have to appologize to all I've hurt by my addiction? :-)

8/07/2006 2:26 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I think there's something about a higher power in there first.

8/07/2006 7:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that's the part that I can't figure out. I'll just have my imaginary special friend take care of this for me. Oh well, off to the startribune online Suduko page. It's a nice one!

8/08/2006 10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home