Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Happy Birthday MTV


This blog has been remiss in failing to note that yesterday was the 25th anniversary of MTV. Check out this article by Hank Stuever* in yesterday's Post, the premise of which is that -- contrary to the old fogies who bemoan the lack of, you know, music -- MTV has never been better. As much as it pains me to side with the geezers, I can't say that I completely agree. Listen, Made is one of my all-time favorite shows. And I think that we can all agree that My Super Sweet 16 is awesome. But Wild 'n Out, Jamie Kennedy, Wilmer Valderrama? No thanks -- more videos please.

*As an aside, have I ever mentioned how much I love Hank Stuever? Not like that; I know he's gay. But I feel like if I met him in real life, we would be best friends. Also in this category: Sarah Vowell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home