Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Fall TV Preview: Thursday

Did you think I forgot about you? I was in meetings all day, but, don't worry, TV was never far from my mind.

8 pm: Ugly Betty (ABC), Survivor (CBS), My Name Is Earl (NBC), Til Death (Fox), Smallville (CW)

8:30 pm: The Office (NBC), Happy Hour (Fox)

9 pm: Grey’s Anatomy (ABC), CSI (CBS), Deal or No Deal (NBC), The O.C. (Fox), Supernatural (CW)

10 pm: Six Degrees (ABC), Shark (CBS), ER (NBC)

I don't really watch any of the returning shows. I occasionally get sucked into Survivor. I have a love/hate relationship with Grey's Anatomy. Mostly hate, though. I figured out what I don't like about it: their complete lack of professionalism makes me anxious. Like, when their patient is having a seizure or something and they're not paying attention because they're talking about their stupid personal problems, I get really nervous. (Yes, I am extremely anal.) But people swear by My Name is Earl and The Office, so I might add those to the agenda.

New shows: Ugly Betty, an adaptation of popular Colombian telenovela Betty La Fea, is getting a lot of buzz. And I'm looking forward to the new J.J. Abrams show Six Degrees. How many seasons do you think it will be until I get annoyed with it? Not too excited about the James Woods legal drama, Shark.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

So, I've missed the memo. What ever happened to L&O Basic? Not that I watch it or anything (that got dull about 47 seasons ago, although I tried one of the Michael Imperioli episodes which wasn't too bad), is it about to tank for good?

I'll be watching the train wreck that is Survivor and I love The Office, so I guess I'll have to VCR it. I have to agree with Bailey about Grey's Anatomy, although Bailey's sister hinted that the huge season cliffhanger had something to do with "Where are Meredith's underpants." So exciting! Maybe I'll just stick with CSI.

8/24/2006 7:35 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Hmmmmm. This might be the season where we dump Survivor, finally; My Name is Earl and The Office are pretty dang hysterical, and I'm tired of staring at Jeff Probst's over-Botoxed forehead.

I like Grey's Anatomy and CSI, so that's gonna be a tough call. Probably Grey's, unless Meredith chooses McDreamy. Blick.

Meh on all the 10 o'clock shows.

8/24/2006 11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home