Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Fall TV Preview: Sunday

It's an exciting time of year in pop culture land -- just one month until the fall TV season starts. It's time to think about programming the TiVo. Here's a preview of the Sunday schedule (new shows in bold):

7 pm: America's Funniest Home Videos (ABC); 60 Minutes (CBS); Sunday Night Football (NBC); Everybody Hates Chris (CW)

7:30 pm: All of Us (CW)

8 pm: Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (ABC); Amazing Race (CBS); The Simpsons (FOX); Girlfriends (CW)

8:30 pm: American Dad (FOX); The Game (CW)

9 pm: Desperate Housewives (ABC); Cold Case (CBS); Family Guy (Fox); America's Next Top Model repeat (CW)

9:30 pm: The War at Home (Fox)

10 pm: Brothers and Sisters (ABC); Without a Trace (CBS); The Wire (HBO)

This one's a no brainer for me: The Amazing Race and The Wire are two of my favorite shows. I will also check out Brothers and Sisters, which has an all-star cast, featuring Calista Flockhart, Sally Field, Ron Rifkin, Balthazar Getty, and Rachel Griffiths, among others, but has been in the news lately for casting changes and losing its show-runner.

Nothing else really appeals to me. Maybe I'll finally give Everbody Hates Chris a try. I've never been much of a fan of prime-time football, because I like games that end before midnight. But NBC has some potentially great games in the first month of the season -- Indianapolis v. NY Giants (Peyton v. Eli) on Sept. 10, Washington v. Dallas on Sept. 17, Denver v. New England on Sept. 24, and Chicago v. Seattle on Oct. 1 -- and they get their pick of the best games starting Nov. 12. Plus the kickoff has been pushed from 9 pm to 8 pm. So, you never know.

What will you be watching?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Is this going to be a daily installment through Saturday so we can know what else to look forward to?

I'm totally all over the Race, of course. And unlike everyone else, I still watch Desperate Housewives, although I recognize it kind of sucks now. But I still watch.

8/21/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Amazing Race, Cold Case and WaT for us. I love Cold Case especially.

8/22/2006 9:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home