Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Fall TV Preview: Wednesday

8 pm: Dancing with the Stars (ABC), Jericho (CBS), Twenty Good Years (NBC), Bones (Fox), America’s Next Top Model (CW)

8:30 pm: 30 Rock (NBC)

9 pm: Lost (ABC), Criminal Minds (CBS), The Biggest Loser (NBC), Justice (Fox), One Tree Hill (CW)

10 pm: The Nine (ABC), CSI: NY (CBS), Kidnapped (NBC)

Okay, this will have to be quick. My picks among returning shows: America's Next Top Model and Lost. Although Lost is on probation -- it needs to deliver something resembling answers in the first few episodes or I might have to write it off.

New shows? The one I'm most intrigued by is Kidnapped, which is about guess what -- a conspiracy! -- and features Jeremy Sisto and Timothy Hutton. (Televisionary review here.) I know that Holt is looking forward to Jericho, which is some sort of post-apocolyptic thing featuring Gerald McRainey (aka Major Dad) and Skeet Ulrich. 30 Rock is the Tina Fey-written sitcom version of Studio 60. Justice is a legal drama, which -- except for the Victor Garber factor -- yawn. Televisionary panned The Nine, about people thrown together by a bank hostage crisis.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I'm at a standing meeting 8pm on Wednesdays, but otherwise I might try Jericho.

Lost is a definite, as is The Nine. That's the one of the new "mysterious background" shows that looks the best to me.

8/23/2006 2:07 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I forgot to mention in my comment for Monday that I also watched the Kidnapped pilot (it's on the Studio 60 DVD from Netflix) and really liked it! Jeremy Sisto was quite good, very stoic and brooding, but not boring. If I had to choose between this and Vanished based only on their pilots, I'd choose this.

8/23/2006 2:51 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

ANTM is being rerun on Sundays at 9.

8/23/2006 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home