Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Fall TV Preview: Tuesday

8 pm: Dancing with the Stars (ABC), NCIS (CBS), Friday Night Lights (NBC), House (Fox), Gilmore Girls (CW)

9 pm: Knights of Prosperity (ABC), The Unit (CBS), Standoff (Fox), Law & Order: Criminal Intent (NBC), Veronica Mars (CW)

9:30 pm: Help Me Help You (ABC)

10 pm: Boston Legal (ABC), Smith (CBS), Law & Order: SVU (NBC), Nip/Tuck (FX), The Streets (BBC America)

At 8, I will be TiVoing House. I love me some House, as they say. But since I can record 3 shows, I might also add Friday Night Lights. I have loved Kyle Chandler since the late lamented Early Edition, and this is one of the new shows that TWOP is recapping.

At 9, Veronica Mars of course. But how can I pass up Standoff featuring Ron Livingston? I can’t, that’s how. I note for the record that Knights of Prosperity used to be called "Let’s Rob Mick Jagger" and is about a planned heist on Mick Jagger’s New York apartment. Potentially awesome.

At 10, I don’t know. Televisionary recommends Smith, starring Ray Liotta, Virginia Madsen and many others, about criminals who pull off heists. (Two recurring themes: heists and conspiracies.) I detest Law & Order: SVU. I get it -- people who commit crimes against children are bad. Can you shut up now, Dick Wolf? I know that Wilder loves Nip/Tuck, but I’ve never been able to get into it. Too over the top.

What will you guys be watching?

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

I am a new convert to House. We netflixed the entire first season this summer and, while 22 episodes is a whole lotta House, we loved it. I think I will try Standoff, Ron Livingston will always be my office boy, even if it conflicts with L&O: CI. I'm still holding onto that one, but I gave up Papa L&O a couple of years ago. It was just too dull. As for Veronica Mars, we're still watching Season 1 on DVD, so we have some time before we catch up to real-time.

Don't know about the 10pm slot. I'm with Bailey on SVU, doesn't The Shield play on Tuesdays when it's on? When will that be coming back?

8/22/2006 3:27 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I don't think the Shield's coming back until January.

8/22/2006 3:43 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Do any of these shows replay? Holt, you might be able to get to them that way.

8/22/2006 6:44 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Hmmm, I guess it'll be Friday Night Lights, then Criminal Intent, and then...I really want to watch Smith, but I do love me some SVU (*cough* okay, Chris Meloni...and Cragin. The world is better for having snarky Cragin in it.) Ah well, I'll just catch SVU in reruns on USA/TNT -- Smith looks very slick and I love the actors in it.

8/23/2006 7:46 AM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

Put me down for VM and Nip/Tuck - two of my favorites. I'll pass on Dancing with the Stars and Friday Night Lights, but I might give Smith a chance.

8/23/2006 10:45 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

You're passing on Dancing with the Stars?!? I thought you loved that show.

8/23/2006 1:11 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I didn't love the show, but I loved watching Nick Lachey. I'm all about anything Lachey. Other than him, the show generally bored me, to be honest.

8/23/2006 10:22 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I meant Drew Lachey, of course. (Query how to edit comments.)

8/23/2006 10:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home