Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Grey's Anatomy

I haven't watched the last two hours of the THREE HOUR season finale (seriously, was that necessary???) yet. (And I just realized this morning that because of the president's speech my Tivo might not have recorded the whole thing which . . . ARGHHH!) But I thought I'd weigh in with my opinion of the first hour (mostly because it's my day to post and I can't think of a damn thing to write about). Not to put too fine a point on it, but I hated it. I actually fast forwarded through the scenes with Izzy and Denny. That's right people, I hit FF (multiple times) during an episode of Grey's Anatomy. And I don't feel like I missed anything. I'm not one of those Denny haters, but the turn this story has taken I found unbelievable, disgusting, and most unforgiveable of all, boring. The melodrama of it all is just too much. Way, way, way too much. I feel like the writers have lost control of the season and their characters and what started out as a smart, funny, soapy show has turned into over-the-top schlock. It's reminding me a lot of the trajectory of both the O.C. and Desperate Housewives. Both of those shows also started out as smart, campy twists on the night-time soap genre and then degenerated into straight night-time soaps.

I'm really hoping that the last two hours pull this story together in a way that doesn't make me abandon this show the way I was forced to banish the O.C. and DH from my Tivo. I really really want to like it. I do. But they're not giving me much to like. And I know that part of what's always been interesting about the show is the characters' flaws, but it's all flaws, all the time, and they're unbelievable flaws. I just cannot believe that Izzy would have gotten herself into the situation she did. I can't. A huge part of me is hoping that Denny just dies already so this stupid story can be over.

ETA: I'm completely spoiled for the last two hours, so feel free to comment on them. And I can't believe I forgot to mention the one awesome thing about Sunday's episode: the appearance of Vinnie Vanlowe from Veronica Mars as the creeptastic restaurant manager! First Duncan guest stars, and now Vinnie. Lovely!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I had the same reaction as you to the Izzie/Denny story line. And it gets worse! I know that a certain dramatic license is permitted, but I just did not believe the way any of the characters responded to that situation. Especially when they all banded together to cover up what Izzie did. They should have all been fired.

Elsewhere on the unrealistic development front, Camille (played by Jackie from VM) is so sick with ovarian cancer that she has to stay in the hospital indefinitely, but she can still show up in a prom dress for the "prom"? Ridiculous.

And the whole Meredith/McDreamy thing? I didn't buy that either.

5/16/2006 1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.16dongdong
ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote Bag
toms outlet
hermes outlet
Louis vuitton Official Website Outlet Online
uggs sale
abercrombie store
coach outlet online
Jordan 4 Shoes For Sale
ralph lauren
true religion outlet
Louis Vuitton Clearance Sale
michael kors outlet
Coach Luggage Bags Outlet Sale Online
New Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Online
louis vuitton outlet stores
ugg boots clearance
michael kors uk
Michael Kors Outlet Online Deals Huge
Coach Factory Outlet Clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
ray-ban wayfarer
Ugg Boots Outlet Clearance,Cheap Uggs On Sale Discount For Women
ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Outlet Mall Store
cheap ugg boots
ugg boots

10/15/2015 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home