Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Good Bye Katie

Is anyone else watching the Today Show's farewell to Katie Couric? (No, I'm not at work yet. What's your point?) It's borderline insane.

I'm not a Katie-basher, but if you are trying to combat the impression that you are a raging egomaniac, it might not be the best idea to have a 3-hour television show devoted to your last day of work, complete with Tony Bennett singing "The Way You Look Tonight." I'm sure the folks at CBS Evening News are excited about their new boss! In her defense, she does seem a little embarassed by it.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I watched a little this morning, and Katie did seem a bit embarassed by all the to-do. I did think her words to Matt were heart-felt and genuine, as were his words to her. They seem to really care about each other, and it will be interesting to see if Meredith Veira and Matt can match the chemistry he had with Katie.

When Katie spoke to Ann, though, I thought it was obvious that she had nothing really to say. Poor Ann. Actually, I can't stand Ann either.

5/31/2006 10:24 AM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

I too watched a few minutes onceMrs. Bartender informing me that it was Katie's last day, and we should watch. (We're no usually Today show people.) I did feel a little badly for her when they talked about her late husband and sister.

5/31/2006 10:35 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

"The Way You Look Tonight" at 8 in the morning? Or did they get "witty" and change the lyrics to the way you look TODAY?

5/31/2006 12:00 PM  
Blogger t.s. said...

We were watching Jay Jay the Jet Plane instead, and missed all the excitement.

5/31/2006 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

7/21/2006 4:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home