Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Farewell Paris Bennett



This is a Junkette Farewell to Paris Bennett, who undeniably has an amazing amount of talent and who will hopefully make records one day that I will surely buy. At least I will miss you, Paris. And your audition performance will remain one of the best Idol auditions of all time. (Yes, Paris, I have criticized you for saying "Thank You" EVEN WHEN YOU ARE NOT RECEIVING A COMPLIMENT, but there is no denying that you are a tremendously gifted singer and you are only 16 for crying out loud.)

Bye Paris!

As for Elliott -- I'm just happy you made it one more week. (Not clear why I am talking to the contestants, but I'm going with it.) But, Elliott, if you are going to make the Top 3 you are going to NEED to give one of those hair-tingling performances that I KNOW you are capable of. Ya know, the kind of performance that has me dialing your number at a frantic pace after the show. And also, if you can, please make your performance so good that even Red Fraggle will have to admit how damn good you are!

5 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

That Red Fraggle is a tough critic!

But seriously, I do think Elliott has a good voice. I just think that he is generally boring and therefore isn't a good performer. And in the end I think that the charisma is even more important than the voice in determining whether you will make it.

I'm willing to let him prove me wrong!

5/04/2006 8:10 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Aww. I love Paris. I'm seriously worried that the final will come down to Chris and Taylor, neither of whom I can stand.

5/04/2006 10:44 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I love Elliott so much I almost embarrassed by it. But yeah, he does need to vault over the bar next week with some kickass song or I'm afraid he's a goner.

That said, I'm still going to frantic-dial for him next week, unless he absolutely stinks. Which he hasn't done yet -- he may be a little dull at times, but he has yet to tunelessly clunk his way through a song like each one of the other 4 have done at some point.

5/04/2006 11:22 AM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

Kristenkp - When did your Elliott obsession start? I wasn't blown away at the beginning but at some point I became a loyal fan and there's no looking back now. His voice truly is pure and funky and he just seems so darn good-hearted.

5/04/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

Laura, I've liked Elliott from the beginning, and I've really enjoyed watching him evolve and improve as the season progressed. (I also like that the stylists encouraged the goatee and haircut -- it's given his face some needed definition and has made him much more appealing.)

His very first song, Stevie's "If You Really Loved Me", just blew me away. I also adored his Queen song, "Sombeody to Love".

5/04/2006 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home