Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, May 01, 2006

The Tic n Tac All Stars

Yesterday I was one of thousands of people who attended Game Four of the NBA playoff series between the Washington Wizards and the Cleveland Cavaliers. I'm not really a basketball fan, although I generally have a working knowledge of all sports popular in the U.S. and follow them at least casually, but I went to the game because Gobo is a Cavs fan. Plus, there is no reason to pass up the opportunity to watch arguably the best player in the game.

The game was pretty close throughout, but not very exciting. One thing I will say for the Wizards, though, is that they fill all of the empty times in the game (time outs, time for commercial breaks on television, etc.) with some kind of entertainment. It's nice that they do this, as it really does make the game go by more quickly, even when the entertainment isn't all that...entertaining.

One act that really was entertaining, however, was a group of four guys (I'm not sure of their ages--from far away they looked young, but I couldn't be sure) called "The Tic and Tac All Stars." One of the group plays drums on some overturned plastic trash can-looking things while the other three do acrobatics, break dancing, and the like. Their routines were really unique--my favorite was when one of the guys lifted another up over his head and started spinning. Eventually, he let his hands sit at his side so he was no longer holding his friend above his head. Rather, his head was supporting his friend, who was lying flat on his stomach. And he continued to spin and spin. It was really remarkable.

I was so impressed with them that I went online to look them up and get more information about them. And...nothing. I cannot find out anything about these guys--my searches only get me information about Tic Tac Toe and the defunct game show Tic Tac Dough.

Does anyone know anything about these guys? I'm really intrigued and want to learn more.

Two more thoughts from the game yesterday:
1.) Why must everyone chant "De-fense" during every possession of the opposing team during a basketball game? The opposing team has the ball roughly half of the game, which means that the fans chant "De-fense" for roughly half of the game. It seems sooooo unnecessary. And I can't imagine it gets the players very excited.

2.) Why is the choreography for the cheerleaders and the dancers at Wizards games so very bad? My high school cheerleading squad (oh which I was not a member) had better routines. The worst: when the cheerleaders (or maybe it was the dancers) danced to "These Boots are Made for Walking." Wearing...ballet flat thingies. The only reason I see to dance to that song is if one is actually wearing boots. Ridiculous!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

got the same prob ;)
i love basketball, i love the wizards, the games vs. the cavs r great, but most fun is the entertainment...
all i found when i was looking for the tic n tac allstars was this page (nice one ! ;) , but is there really nothin' ? i wanna see a show with these allstars !!!

5/22/2006 12:23 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I totally agree, Sabrina. I'll search for them periodically and hopefully I will find something.

I'm glad you enjoyed our site. We hope you'll stick around!

5/22/2006 6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tic and tac dancers are the greatest

8/11/2009 9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home