Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Does drinking all the time make your skin bad, and other thoughts from Lost

First things first: I screamed out loud twice during the last two minutes of Lost. I'm sure those of you who watched know when. I am still in shock. Is Michael brainwashed? Did he think he had to let Henry return in order to get Walt back? What in the world is going on?!

Now that that is out of the way: It's hard to mask flaws on a 50 inch widescreen plasma HDTV. And if your skin is as bad as Michelle Rodriguez's, it is really, really hard. During this week's episode I was totally fixated on her chin, cheeks and forehead. The entire surface? Covered in zits, which were covered (insufficiently) with makeup.

I'm sure there are a lot of actresses with bad skin--all of that makeup they wear has to take a toll. But I have never seen someone's imperfections so magnified. Does alcohol consumption hurt the skin? Remind me never to hit the bottle the way Rodriguez does (for more reasons than just my skin).

Oh, and did anyone notice Libby had a yellow front tooth in this episode? I remember Cynthia Watros when she played crazy Annie on Guiding Light (now she plays crazy Libby on Lost...interesting), and I remember a nice set of white teeth. So I assume this is just part of Libby. Why hadn't I noticed earlier?

Anyone have any ideas who Jack's half-sister is? Claire? And how creepy that when his father had to come up with a name for Ana-Lucia he chose Sarah--his daughter-in-law's name.

2 Comments:

Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

I'm not going to comment on Ana's skin, but I too was blown away the last two minutes of the episode. SPOILER ALERT! Clearly, at least either Ana or Libby are dead based on the scenes for next week (if not both). Now, the bigger questions is why. Is Michael being blackmailed to get Walt back? More likely, he is brainwashed/has become an Other, What he was saying about the Others just makes no sense based upon what we have seen (e.g., Claire's "treatment" while pregnant). The final few episodes could offer quite a few more shocks.

As for Jack's half-sibling, Claire does seem the obvious choice, but we will see. I did not recognize the woman he met with, but my memory is not perfect. (Too many Pina Coladas.) I love how the stories of all the passengers keep interconnecting. Thus, we now learn how Jack's father got to the bar where he met Sawyer, leading to Jack's learning of his father's love and respect for him.

5/04/2006 2:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.16dongdong
ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Neverfull Tote Bag
toms outlet
hermes outlet
Louis vuitton Official Website Outlet Online
uggs sale
abercrombie store
coach outlet online
Jordan 4 Shoes For Sale
ralph lauren
true religion outlet
Louis Vuitton Clearance Sale
michael kors outlet
Coach Luggage Bags Outlet Sale Online
New Michael Kors Handbags Outlet Online
louis vuitton outlet stores
ugg boots clearance
michael kors uk
Michael Kors Outlet Online Deals Huge
Coach Factory Outlet Clearance
louis vuitton outlet stores
ray-ban wayfarer
Ugg Boots Outlet Clearance,Cheap Uggs On Sale Discount For Women
ugg boots
Louis Vuitton Outlet Mall Store
cheap ugg boots
ugg boots

10/15/2015 11:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home