Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Ellen Pompeo Doesn't Understand Meredith Either

I know, two posts on Grey's Anatomy in one day is probably overkill, and I should have just added this as a link to my other post, but . . . myeh. Via the Best Week Ever Blog (which is awesome and why had I never checked it out before?) I was led to this interview of Ellen Pompeo in which she basically says that she doesn't like Mereidith all that much either and really does not understand the choices she makes. Apropos of my earlier post, this is my favorite snippet:

Many fans don't understand Meredith's actions either, to which Pompeo says, "Well, Shonda understands it, and that's all that matters. In series television, they need these catastrophic events to happen, to supply the next five episodes with material.

"It's a catalyst for all the little waterfalls that have to happen, so I understand it from a writing standpoint, why things happen. But you do have to bring them to life, and when you don't understand something, it's quite difficult to do that."

Labels: