Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Alias Finale - SPOILERS


For those of you who know me in real life, you know just what it took for me to stay up until 11:00 to watch the Alias season finale. But I did it, and I'm oh so glad I did. I actually watched the last three hours of Alias all in a row, and, sniff, was it a humdinger. Of course, it wasn't perfectly satisfying.

I'm still not entirely sure what Rambaldi's endgame was and what part Sydney really played in it. I guess the amulet's sole purpose was to disclose the location of Rambaldi's Mongolian tomb? Where the Horizon could get all bloody and do . . . what exactly? The Red Rambaldi Juice that was coming out of the Clifford the Mini Red Ball (TM TWoP) obviously confers eternal life . . . as opposed to Clifford the Big Red Ball which causes zombies . . . and the Green Rambaldi Juice which made Nadia channel Rambaldi and . . . I don't get it. I don't understand how the two red balls fit together at all, unless the mini red ball would also have caused zombies. And what about the red ball that when it burst gave Vaughan that horrible disease? Too many glowing red balls that all did different stuff. I really wish that Rambaldi had come up with different colors to distinguish the different effects that each of these glowing spheres would have. And is the Horizon just a receptacle for the Red Rambaldi Juice? Because obviously the Red Juice works outside of the Horizon since it made poor Sloane immortal even just spread around on the dirt like that. (Which, again, that Red Juice looked too much like the stuff they dipped Anna in to turn her into Sydney and . . . color coding people! Look into it.)

And motivation, oh my god. I can see endless life having a huge appeal to Sloane, but not so much to Irina. Is that really all she wanted? To launch a couple of missles at world capitals and live forever? I don't know, it seems like a really insufficient motivation to me and not much of a payoff for all these years. Immortality is obviously awesome, but worth killing your daughter(s) for? Really? I just expected something . . . more. Not that I can think of what that "more" could be. (But that's why I write a silly blog for free instead of getting paid to write Alias scripts.)

One last complaint before I compliment them on the good stuff: we don't care about Tom and Rachel! Cut them out, leave more room for Sark, Vaughan, and Irina, and everyone else we actually like.

Good stuff: Mrs. Marshall, she was great. It was wonderful to have her back. Sark, beautiful beautiful Sark. Loved Peyton's obvious small crush on him. That was very cute. Also loved his little comment about global genocide not really being his thing. I was very happy that they left him alive. Also good, Jack's noble death. So heart wrenching to see him stand up with multiple bullet wounds in his chest to wave goodbye to Sydney. I might have teared up just a little there. Sloane's ending was great. He gets what he wants, at the cost of all he loves, only to have it turned into the worst torture imaginable. Perfect. Ok, enough rambling from me. I look forward to reading others' thoughts.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I was really hoping that Irina and Sark would somehow turn out to be good. Not so much, apparently.

Don't you think that a spin-off centered on Sark would be the greatest?

5/23/2006 12:54 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I loved Sark.

I thought the last scene between Syd and Jack was really great. Not that I reacted...emotionally or anything.

5/26/2006 9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home