Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Sweeps Are Almost Over. Now What?

The NY Times Style section (of course) has an article titled, very appropriately for this blog, "I Do Have a Life; I'm Watching it Now" that examines finale madness and the letdown or relief that follows. I know Bailey is looking forward to the end of May, personally I'm dreading it. What will Bailey, Red, Wilder and I have to talk about IRL? Books? We have very different taste in books. Movies? There are only so many one can go to. Work? Bah! All I can say is thank goodness for the US Weekly Fantasy League!

So open question: this summer what will you be doing, and almost as importantly, what will you be talking about, when you've been freed from the shackles of episodic television?

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I'm going to be working on my comprehensive theory of US foreign policy.

Just kidding. There is still TV in the summer. I'm looking forward to the return of The Closer, Rescue Me, and Entourage. And possibly Deadwood, but I have a lot of catching up to do.

5/20/2006 4:52 PM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

See my previous post. I think that explains my major summer activity. Actually, that covers my primary activity for the next 18 years.

Yet, when I have a moment, I will be watching Entourage and Deadwood. And there is lots and lots of baseball!

5/22/2006 10:50 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

There's also the secondary void -- the embarassingly large number of hours I currently spend reading about TV on the internet.

5/22/2006 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home