Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Katie Couric - Buh Bye.

So, I woke up this morning to hear Katie Couric saying that she is leaving the Today Show! OMG! Actually, it wasn't that shocking. The rumors have been circulating for awhile. Apparently, she is going to be doing the CBS Evening News and 60 Minutes.

I might miss her a little, even though her perkiness and other things about her were very and sometimes unbearably annoying at times. I've heard some names thrown around as her replacement -- Campbell Brown, Meredith Viera, Ann Curry, and Natalie Morales. None of these is that appealing to me. But one is so beyond unappealing that I'll never watch the show again if she is made co-host: Ann Curry. She's awfully bad.

Here's to hoping they find a new replacement that will once again glue me to the show in the morning. Cheers!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I'll miss Katie too. For me, her most annoying trait is that she is very self-centered -- always bring stories back to her and her family. But I forgive this because I strongly suspect that NBC has focus groups telling them that that's what their viewers want.

I totally agree on Ann. She seems nice, but she can't conduct an interview to save her life. There's actually a whole dedicated to hatred of Ann Curry.

As for Campbell, she seems okay, but she just married the odious Dan Senor. Which worries me.

4/05/2006 10:10 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Oops!

4/05/2006 10:11 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

NOT Meredith Viera. I don't know why, but she annoys me to no end. She just appears to think she is superior.

Although next to Star Jones, she is a ray of sunshine in a dark, dark world.

4/05/2006 11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home