Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday Musings

Sorry people for the lack of posts yesterday. I, at least, have felt uninspired of late but here goes with some random Friday thoughts.

United 93: In the course of a day, I've gone from totally never wanting to see this movie to not being able to wait to see it. Reading the reviews, like this one from the NYTimes, have made me anxious to see this movie. I'm nervous, yes, but toally intrigued.









American Idol: I'm so happy the Pickler is gone. I was shocked that she actually got voted off, having never been in the Bottom 3, but her charm and personality could save her no longer. Now the final 5 are arguably the strongest final 5 in Idol history. At least in toto. While no one might be as strong as Fantasia or Kelly or even Reuben, they each are extremely talented. I'm rooting for Elliott, but would not be upset if any of the remaining 5 win. (However, if Jasmine Trias or Nikki McKibbin had won in season's past, I would have thrown my TV out the window.)

What About Brian: I really really want to like this show, and I do, but it's not great and I think I am disappointed because I really really want it to be great. Like Felicity great. I'm still pulling for it and I'll continue to watch because I think the characters have potential and some of the writing is clever, but . . . c'mon JJ make it great!

Britney Spears and Denise Richards: I'm into really hating them both right now. Britney's pregnant again. Yuck. And Denise is now with her former BFF's former husband. Yuck. (In honor of my Britney hate, I've made her look extra deformed in this picture.)

Rosie O'Donnell: She's apparently going to take Meredith Veira's place on The View. I generally hate that show, in particular Star Jones and Elizabeth Hassleback, but I think Rosie is great and I'm interested in seeing how she'll do. Interesting choice.







Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I just realized that the Marjorie in the picture I posted is DIFFERENT than the Marjorie on the show. I had heard that they swapped actresses at the last moment, but can't believe the website has the old Marjorie in the picture! Granted, it was a website called www.whataboutbrian.org, so not sure how official a site it is. But still.

4/28/2006 11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home