Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Veronica Mars

Heartbreaking. Absolutely heartbreaking episode that started with Veronica finding out she has the venereal disease that's not a flower and ended with her weeping openly in an elevator in front of the last person I'm sure she ever wanted to see her cry. Do the writers hate her? How much can one 18-year-old take? Just imagining what Veronica must have gone through during the long night of mulling over Logan's drunken speech and then screwing her courage to the sticking place to go to his door and tell him that she wanted him in her life. And the look of dawning understanding and, well, heartbreak, on Logan's face as he realized what he must have said to Veronica to make her come to his door and that with his drunken idiocy he'd crushed her was just . . . I couldn't even cry I was in such shock at the pain of that scene. After it was over I had to shake myself back to reality. These aren't real people, their pain is manufactured for the camera . . . but oh my god did it feel real.

Those last five minutes were so intense I can barely remember what happened in the rest of the episode. Something about Gia, and Lucky, and wasn't ex-Deputy Leo there for some reason?

Only two more episodes. Horror.

4 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

It was just horrible. The look on Logan's face when he realized that he had totally screwed up his chance to be with Veronica (because we all know that is what he wants) was just so sad.

I'm really having problems getting past it.

4/26/2006 10:33 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Oh my gosh, this episode was so good. I still think that there will be a happy resolution to their relationship.

What was up with the Wallace and Jackie love scene? That just seemed . . . gratuitous.

Also, where did Veronica get chlamydia? Does this mean that Duncan slept with Kendall? Or did he get it from Meg -- who got it from . . . Lucky? Or did Veronica sleep with Logan? I have no idea.

4/26/2006 11:19 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I think that there is going to be some whole child-molestation ring that will tie in the Manning weirdness (along with Lucky, and Veronica's chlamydia) and the Cassidy weirdness and possibly Woody and the bus crash.

4/26/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I think that Veronica's not a flower probably came from Duncan through Meg as well. Maybe Meg got it from her dad?

And I also think that Beaver was sexually abused. Poor Beaver. I hope he and Mac can get back together.

4/26/2006 3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home