Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Things I Learned from Daytime TV

I was home sick yesterday -- too sick even to watch TV most of the day, which is saying something. But I learned a couple of things.

1. Don't ever get plastic surgery. I saw a couple of minutes of Meg Ryan on Oprah. Egad. She has definitely had something done to her upper lip, but maybe a face lift too? Whatever it was, it looks bad.

That's the thing about plastic surgery. Sure, I believe all that stuff about growing old gracefully and not being vain. But mostly, I am very wary of it because it looks obviously fake and bad. I mean, if Meg Ryan and Jessica Lange, who have access to the best information and the best doctors can come out looking that way, what are the odds for a normal person? Not good.

2. Two new reality shows: Spying on Myself on A&E. This seems to involve people dressing up in disguises and talking to people that they know about what they think of them. Now that I write this, that sounds pretty horrible, but the previews looked like it might be good.

8th & Ocean on MTV. This looks like a Laguna Beach-style fake reality show. But it's about aspiring models in Miami.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

The thing I don't understand about plastic surgery is that there are good plastic surgeons out there. And there are many Hollywood stars who I am sure have had good plastic surgery. So why does anyone get bad plastic surgery? Is it just a crapshoot?

And yes, Meg Ryan looks awful. I heard she was going to talk about how bad her relationship was with Dennis Quaid, and about her affair with Russell Crowe. Did she share anything exciting we didn't already know?

The show about seeing what your friends think of you sounds great. Of course, there will be many hurt feelings.

3/02/2006 11:31 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I only watched long enough to see Oprah talk about how she would never complain about being famous because she grew up poor and black in Mississippi. And Meg Ryan just sat there with this expression on her face that totally creeped me out.

3/02/2006 11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home