Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Amazing guess

Most of the junkettes have decided to enter a friendly pool to see who can make the best guesses regarding where teams will end up on the new Amazing Race (number nine!). There is a scoring system invloved--every week, everyone makes picks as to how they think the Racers will finish that week. For every team you have in the top three that ends up in the top three, you get a point. For every team you have between 4 and 6 that end up there, you get a point. Same for every team between 7 and 9, and then for the final two teams as well. If you are correct about the exact spot a team ends up in, you get another three points.

I will post the results tomorrow, but here are the choices (blogettes listed in alphabetical order). Looks like BJ and Tyler, Joseph and Monica and Eric and Jeremy are early favorites, while there isn't much optimism about the chances of David and Lori, Danielle and Dani or Lisa and Joni (perhaps if your first name ends in an "i" you are automatically suspect).

Diane Chambers
1. BJ and Tyler
2. Fran and Barry
3. Joseph and Monica
4. Wanda and Desiree
5. Ray and Yolanda
6. Lake and Michelle
7. Eric and Jeremy
8. Danielle and Dani
9. John and Scott
10. David and Lori
11. Lisa and Joni

Red Fraggle
1. Eric and Jeremy
2. Joseph and Monica
3. BJ and Tyler
4. John and Scott
5. Fran and Barry
6. Ray and Yolanda
7. Lake and Michelle
8. Danielle and Dani
9. David and Lori
10. Wanda and Desiree
11. Lisa and Joni

Laura Holt
1. BJ & Tyler
2. Eric & Jeremy
3. Ray & Yolanda
4. Joseph & Monica
5. Fran & Barry
6. Lisa & Joni
7. Wanda & Desiree
8. Lake & MIchelle
9. David & Lori
10. Danielle & Dani
11. John & Scott

Bailey Quarters
1. Eric and Jeremy
2. Ray and Yolanda
3. Joseph and Monica
4. Lake and Michelle
5. David and Lori
6. BJ and Tyler
7. John and Scott
8. Wanda and Desiree
9. Fran and Berry
10. Lisa and Joni
11. Danielle and Dani

Laura Ingalls Wilder
1. Joseph and Monica
2. BJ and Tyler
3. Eric and Jeremy
4. Lake and Michelle
5. Yolanda and Ray
6. Wanda and Desire
7. Fran and Barry
8. David and Lori
9. John and Sott
10. Danielle and Dani
11. Lisa and Joni

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I am only in the middle of the episode right now, so I can't post results because I don't know what the results are. But so far, the Race is looking great. I should have results tomorrow, unless someone else wants to tally everything up.

3/01/2006 10:40 AM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I might be calculating incorrectly, but I have the standings as:

me: 11 (5 + 6 bonus points)
Laura I: 9 (6 + 3)
Red: 7 (4 + 3)
Laura H.: 7 (4 + 3)
Diane: 4 (4 + 0)

3/01/2006 6:01 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I checked, and the point totals look right to me.

I'm not sure if I should make it its own post or just continue it in the replies, so I'll stick it in here.

I LOVED this episode of the Race. I feel like there are a lot of personalities--the more recent races have had some really boring teams, and I didn't see that so much here. I really didn't like John and Scott, so I was happy to see them go, although I was rooting for them and against the Joni and Lisa, since I had Joni and Lisa as my last place team in the tournament.

I am surprised that Scott has any friends at all. He was petty and annoying and really, really bossy. However, I hope that the nickname the "Frosties" for Lisa and Joni, because of their frosted hair, does not leave with John and Scott.

Lisa and Joni are younger than my mom. This cannot be--they look about 15 years older than her. The Frosties nickname reminds me of the Gingers. You would have to watch South Park to understand.

I HATE LAKE. Is that a nicotine patch right under his ear? Must the Amazing Race have a jerky guy on every season? Colin, Ray, Jonathan, now this guy. I hated how he asked Ray and Yolanda if they had everything okay with the motorcycle. It isn't like he was going to help them--he just wanted to rub it in that he beat them. And then when they got to the finish line in fifth, his whole "we thought we were out" was ridiculous. They left the motorbike challenge with two teams behind them. I'm sure he will become more hateful in the weeks to come.

I didn't think that the challenges themselves were that interesting, but I loved that there wasn't bunching, but still an ability to get ahead (a lot of teams made stupid mistakes).

From the previews, I did not think I would like the hippies (hereinafter, "Ben and Jerry") but they were appealing, and I think will be good Racers. My boyfriend is cheering for Eric and Jeremy to win the whole thing because he respects their dream of never working, but being millionaires. And he loves how they say they work as little as possible, just enough to pay the bills. I have to say--I find it appealing too.

3/02/2006 12:06 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Oops. I realized I was too quick to say Bailey's tally was right. Looks to me like Laura I.W. has eight points, not nine. Let me know if that is wrong.

3/02/2006 12:12 AM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Sorry, I meant to mention David and Lori. We were doing a "Nerds! Nerds! Nerds!" cheer when they were on. I'm really liking them thus far. She reminds me of Diana from Project Runway (although Diana was cuter).

3/02/2006 9:20 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

lululemon canada, uggs outlet, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, coach outlet store online, converse pas cher, new balance, hogan outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, burberry handbags, nike blazer pas cher, mulberry uk, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet, nike air force, true religion outlet, north face, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, nike roshe run uk, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, guess pas cher, replica handbags, coach purses, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet, nike air max uk, oakley pas cher, true religion jeans, sac vanessa bruno, kate spade, ray ban uk, nike free uk, michael kors, timberland pas cher, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet, north face uk

8/17/2016 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home