Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Now Drew . . . Get Back With Your Wife!

Well, needless to say, I was thrilled that Drew won DWTS. He was spontaneous, quirky, and loveable. And he made me love Nick and hate Jessica even more.

What I'm also ecstatic about is that he can go back home and be with his wife who is about to pop out their baby at any moment. I imagine it was difficult for her to watch him dirty dance with his ever svelte partner Cheryl as her own tummy grew bigger and bigger by the day.

That's one thing about the show that always makes me uncomfortable - I mean most of the "celebrities" are married, and they are spending 8 hours a day with extremely attractive dancing partners, wearing virtually nothing while they do it. (See, e.g., Lisa Rinna's outfit during last night's finale). You're telling me that Leah Lachey doesn't watch Drew and Cheryl and think to herself: "If you straddle my husband one more time I'll kick your face in" ?

But I digress. I'm happy for the entire Lachey family.

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Just watched the finale of Dancing with the Stars. I was really disappointed that Jerry beat Stacy out for second place. I knew that Drew's popularity would mean he would beat Stacy in the end, but Drew and Stacy were so clearly better than everyone else, I was sad to see her in third.

It is interesting that you would think Leah Lachey and other spouses (Harry Hamlin?!) might be jealous of the dancers. That was kind of Trista's point in last year's tournament--she wouldn't dance in a sexy way, even though the dance called for it, because she didn't want to "disrespect" her husband and marriage. I wouldn't worry so much about Drew--he and his wife seem very happy, and she is a dancer herself, so I'm sure she is used to the pairings and sexy dances.

The issue of jealousy actually hadn't even crossed my mind. Of course, perhaps it should cross my mind--it looks like Skating with Celebrities finalists Kristy Swanson and Lloyd Eisler (her professional figure skating partner) are now a couple. The problem? His wife was eight months pregnant when the show was filmed, and they separated before she even had the baby. The wife claims that he was having an affair, while Lloyd claims that they had separated before he and Kristy started a relationship. Riiiiiiiight. I'm sure it's a coincidence that they started dating days after he became separated.

Sounds a little too Claire Danes/Billy Crudup/Mary-Louise Parker for my taste.

2/28/2006 1:55 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

lululemon canada, uggs outlet, polo lacoste, nike air max uk, coach outlet store online, converse pas cher, new balance, hogan outlet, michael kors, hollister pas cher, burberry handbags, nike blazer pas cher, mulberry uk, vans pas cher, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet, nike air force, true religion outlet, north face, true religion outlet, true religion outlet, nike roshe run uk, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, guess pas cher, replica handbags, coach purses, ralph lauren uk, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, coach outlet, nike air max uk, oakley pas cher, true religion jeans, sac vanessa bruno, kate spade, ray ban uk, nike free uk, michael kors, timberland pas cher, hollister uk, michael kors outlet online, burberry outlet, north face uk

8/17/2016 9:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home