Is it just me or does the OC plain stink this year? As I ignored tonight's episode while it played in the background of my online poker game (shhhh!), I thought of all the things I miss from past seasons:
1. Kiki's alcoholism. That was great. But perhaps I have an unhealthy fascination with people struggling with alcoholism on TV and in the movies. (When A Man Loves A Woman is one of my all-time favorite movies if that tells you anything. I sob like a crazy person every time Meg Ryan gives that darn gut-wrenching speech at the end of the movie.)
2. Seth. Period. In particular, he made last season one of the best, and this season he's just, well, sort of a boring background character.
3. I can't believe I'm saying this but I miss Lindsay. You know, the red head who was Caleb's long-lost daughter. The chemistry between her and Ryan was actually semi-believable, which is of course a step up from the chemistry between Ryan and Marissa.
4. Caleb. By far one of the best O.C. characters ever. I can't believe they would kill him off. Bring Caleb back! He has to be alive somewhere! Maybe he can save JuJu from this god-awful plot with Summer's dad.
5. Sandy having an emotional and almost- almost!- physical affair with a bloated version of Kim Delaney. I mean that was great television! The most noble father and husband on TV tempted by an old love! Would he or wouldn't he? Of course he didn't because he's Sandy Cohen and that's why we love him.
6. Alex. Remember her? The Bait Shop manager (?) Anywho, I loved the dynamic between her and Seth before she was the show's lesbian, and then thought that the Marissa-Alex love story was actually entertaining in that this-is-why-i-watch-shows-like-the-OC kind of way.