Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Drinks Will Be Served on the Lido Deck

Just to offer a fresh (and male) perspective on things, for some reason your favorite bartender has been invited to add his two cents. Sadly, although I have little to add on reality TV (although for some sick reason I continue to watch the Apprentice, which has gone from comedy to tragedy to farce), I do have thoughts on my favorite HBO shows as well as excellent fare such as Lost and the under appreciated Scrubs. I also ask for a moment of silence for the almost certainly late and too little lamented classic, Arrested Development. If you didn't watch it, shame on you. I may also have some tidbits from my high placed sources inside Hollywood--and I do have a few. In the weeks to come, you may have to prepare yourself for some fascinating info on labor and delivery, feeding a baby, and attempting to work on very little sleep as my wife and I prepare to experience the joys of parenthood. We are at T -38 days and counting for those keeping score at home. Finally, I won't be able to resist some thoughts on March Madness, the start of baseball season, and (if the urge hits) a little politics. Strap yourselves in cuz it's going to be a bumpy ride.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Holt said...

Isaac, what do your high-placed sources tell you about the potential move of Arrested Development to Showtime? My highly non-confidential source (Kristen Veitch's column on Eonline) tells me it's still a possibility. I'm not giving up on it yet!

And welcome aboard.

3/16/2006 11:51 AM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

Showtime does remain a possibility. This would of course require my spending more money for another premium cable channel, but for the Bluths, it would be worth it. I hope for the best. And thanks for the warm welcome.

3/16/2006 11:58 AM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I have to welcome you aboard too! We're lucky to have you.

So, re March Madness, am I insane to pick Memphis to win it all?

3/16/2006 12:02 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Welcome aboard!

3/16/2006 12:10 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I know I will probably be flogged, but I just cannot get into Arrested Development. I got the first season on DVD and have gotten through three or four episodes, and it's okay, but I don't really have a desire to watch any more of it.

Welcome, Isaac. You look very spiffy in your bowtie.

3/16/2006 12:15 PM  
Blogger Diane Chambers said...

Good to have you aboard. Of course, I'm not sure how much room there is on this blog for two bartenders . . . maybe if you started making the other Junkettes cocktails in the afternoons, I'd warm up the idea I lot more quickly. It might be worth a try. I'm just saying.

3/16/2006 1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home