Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

March Madness

Yep, it's March, which means it's time once again for The Morning News' Tournament of Books. I thoroughly enjoyed last year's winner, Cloud Atlas.

This year features 16 books I haven't read, but some I've at least heard of. (Get your brackets here.) Today's match -- judged by former Gawker Choire Sicha -- pits number one seed The History of Love by Nicole Krauss against fourth seed The Time In Between. Can anyone really root for one half of what is routinely referred to as "New York's literary golden couple"? Not me. That's like rooting for Duke. The good news is that Krauss and her husband (Jonathan Safran Foer) are in in the same region and cannot both make it to the final four.

6 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I've never heard of this kind of March Madness but I'm totally intrigued. Who are the other judges?

I hate Duke.

3/21/2006 4:01 PM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

I'm pleased to say I've actually read one of the books.

3/21/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

Other judges here.

Mostly literary types. I've read Maud Newton's blog. And Dale Peck is supposed to be mean, I think.

Isaac, which one have you read?

3/21/2006 4:21 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I was sad to see I had never read any of the books. I am going to look for some older brackets from years past--I am hoping I have read something on one of them, at some point.

3/21/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

This is only the second year. Here's last year's bracket.

I've only read Cloud Atlas and Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell. Both excellent!

3/21/2006 6:08 PM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

I read Saturday. Quite good although not as good as Atonement.

3/22/2006 10:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home