Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

Team Sheryl

I thought going through a breakup while the newstands were filled with magazine cover stories about how happy you were with your fiance would have to be the low point of anyone's year. But . . . those same magazine covers are still beaming down at us even as Sheryl Crow's recovering from surgery for breast cancer. And it's not even March! Here's hoping she and Jennifer Anniston are soon drinking gallons of margaritas and toasting good riddance to their oafish exes in perfect health.

4 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Oh no. Don't put Sheryl and Jennifer in the same category. I'm sick of the Aniston whine and her "relationship" with Vince Vaughn. For two people who don't want to be photographed being affectionate together, they certainly have bad luck. Brad and Angelina managed to avoid being photographed even holding hands for a full year.

I do feel sorry for Sheryl. Hopefully she will get past this and then put on some weight and cover up her clavicle.

2/25/2006 5:49 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I think that Sheryl has been quiet about her breakup with Lance and hasn't been begging for media attention, hasn't been playing the "woe is me" card that Jen has. So although their situations may be similar, until this point at least, Sheryl has dealt with it with far more dignity. So I don't think she should be lumped into the Aniston category.

2/25/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Good point on why we think Lance is a jerk. I don't think we will ever know if Sheryl plays the woe is me card, because she just isn't a big enough star. To think I used to actually be a member of Team Aniston. How times change.

2/25/2006 10:35 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I totally didn't know that Lance is an ass. Except that I already sort of thought he was an ass for leaving his wife and kids to be with Sheryl Crow.

But then I also thought she was an ass for that yellow dress she wore to the Grammys last year. Yikes.

2/25/2006 11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home