Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

American Idol: Final Three

Sorry I haven't posted on American Idol the last few weeks. I have had to watch the episodes on Wednesday instead of Tuesday, and didn't get around to blogging. But I'm back for the final three (and still missing Brooke).

David Archuleta. "And So It Goes." This was boring and not very good. The changes he made to the song didn't make it better or more interesting. And how many ballads can we possibly hear him sing? Who is going to buy David Archuleta's Album of Ballads?

Syesha Mercado. "If I Ain't Got You." Eh. It was okay.

David Cook. "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." What a crazy choice from Simon. David is definitely, by far, the best contestant on the show. I thought he did a great job with the song and I would actually buy his album.

David Archuleta. "My Boo." So he actually chose a non-ballad, and it wasn't very good. He just can't move on stage and I didn't think his voice sounded good.

Syesha Mercado. "Fever." Again, it was okay. Her voice sounded good, and I liked that she sang it in a restrained way, rather than doing it over-the-top. The judges seem surprised that she chose it, but I'm not--it's a Broadway-type song and that's who she really wants to be.

David Cook. "Dare You to Move." I have never really liked this song, and although I think that David sounded good singing it, he has been so much better on so many different songs.

David Archuleta. "Longer." Oh, a ballad! There really isn't anything more I can say about Archuleta. His songs are all the same. Generally good voice, often flat in places, earnest expression despite not understanding the songs he is singing, added embellishments that make the songs worse. I am so, so sick of him.

Syesha Mercado. "Hit Me Up." I feel like Syesha had a generally fine night, but it didn't really excite me. I know I sound like Randy, and I apologize.

David Cook. "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing." What a disappointing song choice from the producers. I think David did as good a job as he could with it, but that song just blows. Simon calling this "one of the great songs of all-time" really shocks me.

The best performance of the night was David Cook's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face." I know there is no way that Syesha doesn't go home tomorrow, but...couldn't Archuleta go home? Please?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home