Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Ouch!

Katie Holmes completed the NYC marathon this past Saturday. To which I say: good for her, and I am so glad it wasn't me.
But I am a little confused by this photo. Running 26.2 miles is not a joke. And Katie is not flat-chested. So why isn't she wearing a supportive undergarment here? She ran for five and a half hours in what looks like a flimsy tank top?

Very odd. Also strange is the lack of training her the marathon. Tom Cruise said she has been training for a little over two months, which doesn't seem very long to me. A friend who has run a few marathons told me that one usually trains at least four months for the race. Of course, this friend also beat Katie's time by more than an hour. And I certainly don't blame her for deciding to try something but not wanting to devote a quarter of the year to training. But really--wear a bra!