Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Favorite Radio Station

The last couple of times I was in Portland, Oregon I couldn't get enough of this radio station, KNRK 94.7. It bills itself as "Alternative Portland" and its slogan is "It's different here." (Which, on a sidenote - word - Portland is very different.) Anyway, it's a mix of modern alternative music, whatever that means, and classics from the 80s and 90s. The mix is fabulous. I just heard Talking Head, Green Day, and Tears for Fears. I know everyone has different music preferences, but . . . if this sounds at all appealing, check out their audio stream here. The registration process is a little annoying, but I think worth it. (It may not be if you are lucky enough to be able to listen to satellite radio at home or the office, but I'm not that lucky. If you want to get a better sense of what they play before registering for yet another website, here's their recent playlist.)

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Holt said...

One warning about this radio station, or any radio station you listen to while at the computer, it's too damn easy to hear a song you like and then go straight to iTunes. So far today, I've purchased the Lemonheads' version of Mrs. Robinson (I'd forgotten how much I listened to that album in high school) and the absurdly catchy Beck song Timebomb.

10/24/2007 7:48 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

You can listen to the Beck song for free here.

There's an abusrdly catchy Old 97s song called Timebomb too. Different song though. It's all jangly guitars and awesomeness.

10/25/2007 1:24 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

It was on last week's Gossip Girl too.

11/01/2007 12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home