Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Cupcake Wars

After the movie yesterday, I stopped by Baked & Wired to check out their much-discussed cupcakes. Oh my gosh! Now, I've been a defender of CakeLove, because while it's true that their cupcakes don't have much flavor if you eat them straight from the fridge, they're really good when you let them get to room temperature. Also, they are conveniently located about 4 blocks from my house. But the Baked & Wired cupcakes would beat them hands down.

Yesterday, they had 3 varieties on offer, and I tried 2 of them. (Yep, a nice nutritious dinner.) The carrot cake was moist and fluffy, and I didn't notice any gross raisins or other fruit, and the cream cheese frosting was delicious. The red velvet cupcake was also really good, although I have never really understood the point of red velvet cake. It seemed to have the same cream cheese frosting. The third option was coconut, which I didn't try. So, no chocolate on offer, which was disappointing. I really would like to try a chocolate or vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting for a head-to-head comparison with CakeLove.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should also check out the cupcakes from BUZZ bakery on Slaters Lane in Alexandria....amazing cupcakes, in many different varieties (red velvet with cream cheese icing, carrot cake, and traditional vanilla and chocolate) SO GOOD!

3/20/2007 1:06 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Baked and Wired has a terrible website. At no point could I find the address of the store!

3/20/2007 1:18 PM  
Blogger Bailey said...

That's so strange. It's on Thomas Jefferson street b/w K and M. Just south of the canal on the right (if you're going south).

I will definitely have to check out Buzz.

3/20/2007 5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home