Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The Season So Far: Monday

First, I have a confession to make. Remember how I said that I wasn't going to watch Prison Break anymore? Well, that didn't really work out. I blame my secretary, who loves the show, and was appalled at my decision to abandon it. So, I made a deal with myself that I could only watch it on the treadmill at the gym. Yes, I have entered the third stage of grief -- bargaining. The question is what am I grieving? Prison Break or my self control? Only time will tell.

Anyway, it's so much better this season now that they're out of prison. Stuff actually happens. And the addition of William Fichtner as Agent Mahone has really improved things. Also, Wentworth Miller is incredibly good looking.

Heroes is one of my favorite new shows. Yes, there are the mysterious forces that draw the characters together a la Lost. But the characters are so entertaining. And the plot advances from week to week. And you have the sneaking suspicion that the writers actually know where the story is going. And there's Hiro!

Oh, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, you frustrate me. You are so self-righteous, and full of yourself, but mostly just not funny. But then last night, amid the self-righteousness (see FCC subplot) and full-of-yourself-ness (see New Orleans subplot), I actually starting caring about the relationship between Danny and Jordan. And I think I even laughed.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, the threat of fines from the FCC - even for live programming, like the newscast on last night's episode - is very real, and not so self-righteous. It has implications for all Americans, as we've seen when PBS news programs on the war in Iraq, Saving Private Ryan, and even attempts to televise the funeral of Pat Tillman have all been either edited or cancelled out of fear of major fines.

For more information on how the threat of government fines is putting a real damper on everything from newscasts to live sports programming, go to www.televisionwatch.org

12/05/2006 5:16 PM  
Blogger MrMotivation said...

For those in a TV glut consider netflixing a series. When I was a younger me I thought there would be a total media chip in the future. I was wrong about the media, but it turns out NetFlix is it. Consider The Shield for those that like strong character driven plots. For lighter stuff rewatch season 1 of the Amazing Race. Happy Viewing to All!

12/05/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Season One of The Amazing Race: Best Season Ever. The Guidos. The (Original) Frats. Momily. Good times.

12/06/2006 7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home