Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

What American Accent Do You Have?

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

The Midland
The Northeast
Philadelphia
The South
The West
Boston
North Central
What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes


Well, there might be some truth to this, seeing as how I was born in Wisconsin and both of my parents are from Minnesota. But I don't call soda "pop."

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I took this quiz last week. I got a 100% for the Northeast. No surprise there!

11/28/2006 1:46 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Okay, I got "Midland." Born in Minnesota, college in Oregon, playtime in Germany, I suppose it makes sense. Although I sometimes catch myself calling it "pop" which puzzles my nieces from Philidelphia.

11/28/2006 3:51 PM  
Blogger MrMotivation said...

Yikes! They placed me back in Jersey.

11/28/2006 8:08 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

Apparently I have as Philadelphian an accent as they come. Who knew?!

11/29/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

I'm like Red Fraggle, the Northeast 100%.

11/29/2006 2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home