Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Jericho - A little too much pool playing?

Before I'd even seen this week's episode, Bailey told me she was disappointed with the direction the show was heading, and her criticism was summed up by this (I paraphrase): "Don't you think there's a little too much standing around playing pool immediately after the apocolypse?" And yeah, I do. Even though this week's episode all revolved around finding enough gas to keep the hospital generator running, there just doesn't seem to be enough focus on the shortages this town is about to face. I mean, the gas they have is ALL they're going to have for the foreseeable future. Do you really think that in that situation they should be using it to keep the THREE TVs running and pool table lights on at the bar during the middle of the day? Seriously? And then there's Grace, the store owner who's all "I can't give gas to the hospital because I need my car." Which, fair point. But why the hell is she driving it purely as a means to get from her house to her store in the first place (carrying no cargo or other people as far as I could see)? Don't you think this situation kind of calls for, I don't know, a BIKE, or at the very least some sort of car pool plan?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd find a show that had a few more of those kinds of details, people struggling with the idea that this is the last of this sort of item this town might get so how can we allocate it and make it last, would be more interesting than this weird conspiracy with the "St. Lous cop."

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I totally agree with myself.

10/13/2006 4:48 PM  
Blogger thekeez said...

To be sort of fair, it has only been four days which is a little quick to settle into reality.

And you could argue that people are attracted to the bar by the electricity as anything else. When people lose power, they gather at places that have it because there just isn't a whole to do in a dark house.

But I agree, that the show is stumbling - and brother, the technical gaffs. Plastic for the windows - yeah, we all know radiation is powerless against plastic sheeting.

And how about that plastic magnetic tape they took out of the airplane's black box? Sorry, they record on stainless steel wire - something that will stand up to heat, shock, and extreme g-forces.

If I didn't like the post-nuclear apocalypse genre so much - I'd be gone...

10/16/2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger MrMotivation said...

The long drawn out farmhouse scene makes this show casualty of it's own poor fallout storyline. Even the teasers are boring. “They are about to make contact for the first time”, please, I just don’t care. They could have done something with this premise, but just never delivered anything. Kind of reminds me of “The Class of 96”, a show I believe I was the only person on earth to watch. Keep posting as long as it lasts though. I expect it to be just bad enough to be hit. I lost interest in Lost in the premier too. EW is keeping me up to date there.

10/16/2006 11:52 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

cheap uggs
cleveland browns jerseys
cheap uggs
michael kors outlet clearance
nike outlet store
nike air max
nhl jerseys wholesale
air jordan shoes
hugo boss sale
oakley sunglasses wholesale

8/05/2017 2:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home