Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

This is why technology sucks

My DVR hasn't been working well lately. Two nights ago I realized that Veronica Mars wasn't on the recording schedule. I knew I had set a season recording for it, and when I checked, the DVR told me that was the case. And yet--it hadn't scheduled to tape any episodes! I tried everything I could think of to make it recognize the season recording, but it wouldn't. Eventually, I had to program each show individually. I wasn't happy, but I felt lucky that I realized it before the show began.

Last night I wasn't quite as lucky. My DVR recognized I had a season recording set for Lost. In fact, my DVR said it was recording Lost. And yet...it didn't record the show! I figured this out 45 minutes into the episode and, again, nothing I did seemed to fix the problem. Which means that I didn't get to watch Lost last night, even though I had been eagerly awaiting the episode since May, and now I have to watch it on my tiny computer screen instead of my 50" plasma.

Life is just really tough sometimes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Holt said...

Sounds like it's time for another Tivo shoutout. My Tivo has never done this to me!

10/06/2006 7:28 AM  
Blogger greebs said...

My old Season Pass for Veronica Mars wouldn't work because it was on a different station than the CW -- it was on the old UPN station, and in my area, it's now on the old WB station. (Or vice-versa, can't really remember.) In any event, TiVo will only record season passes on the actual station you set the pass on. That's almost assuredly your problem here.

10/09/2006 6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home