Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

This is why technology sucks

My DVR hasn't been working well lately. Two nights ago I realized that Veronica Mars wasn't on the recording schedule. I knew I had set a season recording for it, and when I checked, the DVR told me that was the case. And yet--it hadn't scheduled to tape any episodes! I tried everything I could think of to make it recognize the season recording, but it wouldn't. Eventually, I had to program each show individually. I wasn't happy, but I felt lucky that I realized it before the show began.

Last night I wasn't quite as lucky. My DVR recognized I had a season recording set for Lost. In fact, my DVR said it was recording Lost. And yet...it didn't record the show! I figured this out 45 minutes into the episode and, again, nothing I did seemed to fix the problem. Which means that I didn't get to watch Lost last night, even though I had been eagerly awaiting the episode since May, and now I have to watch it on my tiny computer screen instead of my 50" plasma.

Life is just really tough sometimes.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger greebs said...

My old Season Pass for Veronica Mars wouldn't work because it was on a different station than the CW -- it was on the old UPN station, and in my area, it's now on the old WB station. (Or vice-versa, can't really remember.) In any event, TiVo will only record season passes on the actual station you set the pass on. That's almost assuredly your problem here.

10/09/2006 6:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

mont blanc pens for sale
gucci outlet
louboutin shoes
michael kors bags
ugg slippers
cheap ugg boots
michael kors bags
michael kors outlet
ugg sale
christian louboutin outlet

8/05/2017 2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home