Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So you think you can sing?

Tonight the two-hour series premiere of Celebrity Duets. Of course, I'll be watching. Will anyone else? Unfortunately, the "celebrities" aren't all that exciting: WWE star Chris Jericho, Lucy Lawless, Cheech Marin, 2004 Olympic Gold Medal-winning gymnast Carly Patterson, Alfonso Ribeiro, Queer Eye's Jai Rodriguez, Hal Sparks (featured on I Love the '80s) and Lea Thompson. So...not so exciting.

But the singers are a far better crop: Cyndi Lauper, Smokey Robinson, Dionne Warwick, Randy Travis, Brian McKnight, Macy Gray, Patti LaBelle, Kenny Loggins, Chaka Khan, Richard Marx, Michael Bolton, Clint Black and Aaron Neville.

My early bet is on Alfonso Ribeiro--I think I remember him singing on some show in the past. Perhaps when he was on The Fresh Prince?

Now, VH1 did something similar a couple of years ago, having celebrities sing (without the duets part) and it really wasn't very good at all. But I'm hoping for better from this show.

Frankly, I'm just excited to see Cyndi Lauper on television. She always deserved more credit for being a great singer than she got. Team Cyndi!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home