Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Scoop

I saw Woody Allen's new movie Scoop yesterday with official friend of Pop Culture Junkette, t.s. Was it really "the worst movie Woody Allen has ever made," as Stephen Hunter claimed in his review? No!

It certainly wasn't my favorite Woody Allen movie of all time, and it dragged in spots, but it was a perfectly entertaining summer movie. Woody Allen is in it and he does his whole nebbishy New York Jew fish-out-of water thing. Admittedly, he has been doing this same schtick for more than 30 years, but I'm a complete sucker for it. And I'm relieved to report that his character was not Scarlett Johansson's love interest. That would have been a bit much. And as a recent convert to Deadwood fandom, I was happy to see Ian McShane in another role.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home