Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Enjoy The View? Not quite.

As promised, I watched Shannen Doherty on The View yesterday. And I hate to admit it, but it was pretty disappointing.

It started off well enough, with Babs asking Shannen how she felt about a recent Star magazine cover that claimed Shannen had plastic surgery. I was hoping for a response like "Hell, I was just happy that I merited the cover of Star, even though it's a third-rate magazine at best!" But no. Shannen talked about how "humiliating" it was to be erroneously branded a user of collagen lip injections, how she was filming when she saw the cover and the entire shoot had to stop for over an hour because (at this point I was hoping she would say "I was throwing stuff against the walls and beating up anyone who came within ten feet of me," but no) she was "hysterically crying" over the allegations.

Sure, it's great to see that Shannen is just as overdramatic as one would have expected, but I was left with an empty feeling. There's just no excitement in a story about how upset one is over false claims of plastic surgery. She did share one humorous story--about how she was in a bad live-in relationship that her dad ended for her by driving a van to the guy's home and moving Shannen's stuff out of there. But even that felt a little hollow. Shannen Doherty having someone else do her dirty work?! I just don't think so.

She's actually co-hosting again today, so maybe some more personality will come out. But if this is all we're going to see, I would rather just keep my memories of Brenda Walsh and be done with it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

Did you hear about Elizabeth's breakdown about the morning-after pill? Apparently she is vehemently pro-life and thinks a life is formed at the moment the egg touches the sperm. And she FREAKED out during the shows. Perez Hilton has the You Tube clip for those interested.

8/02/2006 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home