Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Too Much Dancing!

And if that's what I thought after last night's So You Think You Can Dance? I can only imagine how the poor contestants feel. As much as I love this show, I'd given a sigh of relief when they'd cut back to one hour and now, not only are they back to two, but each contestant is dancing three times and it's just way too much to digest. I can't even remember who danced what last night, let alone how they did. The few things I do remember:

It's time for Dmitry and Martha to go. They're both great dancers, but in a field this strong they're the weakest links.

Travis is amazing. His performance during the contemporary routine choreographed by Mia was just beautiful. And Heidi crying during rehearsals just broke my little, shriveled heart.

Mia's choreography was brutal! The first contemporary routine of the night, I can't even remember who danced it, was so incredibly difficult. It's a miracle the dancers survived.

Natalie turned down the kewpie doll aspect during her solo, and it was so much more emotional and strong. I love it when the dancers actually listen to the judges! (Cf. Dmitry and his perennially open shirt.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

Travis and Heidi blew me away in both their performances, AND in their individual dances. Definitely the top two of the night. And I feel totally vindicated because I said last week I thought they would be good together and would benefit from the partner switchup. I love being right. :)

My picks are: Natalie or Martha for the girls and Ryan or Dmitry for the boys. I am really over Dmitry's abs, and Ryan's stone-eyed pissy expression whenever the judges don't praise him to the skies.

7/20/2006 4:27 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

"Anger and dismay at the idiocy of America is part of the joy of investing in a show like this."

Hee! What a great observation!

Hahahaha, I called all 4 bottom contestants. I know America's mind! Scary!

We were not upset about either Martha or Dmitry leaving, except that I was sad that Martha started out so well and just squandered all that promise she had. I thought she coasted for too long.

7/21/2006 7:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

8/11/2006 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8/16/2006 11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home