Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I Need Your Two Cents

For only the second time since Isaac, Jr., was born, Mrs. Bartender and I plan to go to the movies on Friday night. The question: what to see. Clearly not Lady in the Water, but I want to see something (1) good and (2) that makes sense seeing on the big screen. I think that rules out An Inconvenient Truth, which I really want to see but can't imagine it would be any worse on DVD. I think it is between Superman and Pirates, but I am open to suggestions. Thoughts? (FYI, I am sure we will see Talladega Nights next month if it is any good.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

I haven't seen a movie since I went to Cars, but that won't stop me from having an opinion.

It looks to me like Superman has consistently gotten better reviews than Pirates. And I have heard that Pirates ends somewhat abruptly, leaving the viewer waiting for the next installment. So I would see Superman and save Pirates for next time, or for the small screen right before movie three comes out.

7/19/2006 3:38 PM  
Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I would not recommend Superman. Kate Bosworth is a pretty bad version of Lois Lane. It's a snoozefest.

7/19/2006 5:13 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

What about A Scanner Darkly? I'm still on the fence about it myself (the commercials done in that style kind of freak me out, so I'm not sure I could take a whole movie of it) but if I were to see it, I'd want to see it in the theater.

7/19/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Blogger said...

Isn't Clerks 2 coming out soon? As much as I loathe sequels, I'd love for you to see it and tell me if its worth my $10.

7/19/2006 6:57 PM  
Blogger t.s. said...

Why did you see? I might actually go to a movie myself one of these days.

7/21/2006 10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home