Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, July 28, 2006

Doggie Runway


I know I'm a day late, but I'm finally getting around to sharing my thoughts on Wednesday's Project Runway. Spoilers ahead.

I was really unhappy with the judges' decision. Sure, Katherine's dress (right, top) was simple, but I thought it was also really cute and wearable, and the dog hoodie was super-cute (and that was part of the challenge, so it should have counted for something).

How was Bradley's gold monstrosity better than Katherine's sophisticated dress in shades of green? More disturbingly, based on the judges' comments, it appeared that Bradley's outfit was one of their top three. Is this right? Or was it a bottom three outfit and they just edited out the negative comments? Because I liked almost every other outfit a lot better than Bradley's (right, bottom), and he barely designed for the dog. Vincent's also warrants mention as being incredibly boring. His was better than Katherine's? Really?

I already see Laura getting into a rut. Are all of her outfits going to involve fur collars and cuffs? Because that's going to get old really quickly.

I know that most thought Angela's outfit was the most hideous, but I didn't think it was that bad. Yeah, it was totally '80s, but that is kind of in right now. Had she created a story about a girl who lives in the Village and just wants to stand out, be punky and have fun, I think she could have sold it. Her whole British-girl-in-Paris-throwing-a-party-for-a-dog thing didn't quite help her, though.

Uli's dress did deserve the win, I thought. I haven't liked her designs the first two weeks--I thought the first week was a bad combination of floaty and frumpy and last week, although in the top two, looked poorly constructed on top. But this week really was quite nice.

Next week we find out who gets kicked off! I can't wait! (But please don't post spoilers on who it is in the comments, because I want to stay in the dark.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

It's interesting--I thought about Daniel Vosovic's orchid design as well when I saw Bradley's (I didn't like Daniel's design that week either, even though the judges loved it).

Tim's Take was interesting--he actually thought that Katherine's dress was well-constructed, which I thought was interesting in light of the judges' comments.

If the judges were going to eliminate boring, I would have cut Vincent. All he came up with was just a black shift dress. Although his dog outfit, with the little studs, was totally adorable.

7/28/2006 11:30 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.16dongdong
michael kors outlet
ugg boots for women
Abercrombie & Kent Luxury Travel
coach outlet store online
nike air max 90
mihchael kors bag
100% Authentic New Lerbron James Shoes
coach outlet online
Official Coach Online Factory Sale
true religion jeans
Louis Vuitton Purses For Cheap
ralph lauren uk
ugg boots sale
coach factory outlet
hollister uk sale
Authentic Air Jordan 13 shoes for sale
michael kors outlet online
hollister clothing
ugg outlet
Designer Louis Vuitton Bags Discount
jordan shoes
Louis Vuitton Canada Official Site
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
michael kors bags
ugg boots sale
cheap ugg boots
Michael Kors Handbags Clearance Outlet

10/15/2015 11:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nike air max 2015
nike air max thea
nike free 3.0
nike free run
christian louboutin men
christian louboutin uk
mbt
mbt shoes outlet
fitflop sale
fitflop.com
Kobe Shoes
Huaraches Nike
red sole shoes
christian louboutin 2016
jordans for sale
jordans 2016
Jordan Retro 8 Concord
jordan 11
coach outlets stores
coach store
kate spade surprise sale
kate spade bags
Michael Kors Store
Michael Kors Cheap
michael kors outlet
michael kors bag
michael kors sale
michael kors handbags on sale
michael kors bags
michael kors Premium Outlets
macys michael kors

3/26/2016 7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home