Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Sci-Fi Channel

Um, this is getting a little embarassing to admit, but I think I may now watch not one, not even two, but three television shows that air on the Sci-Fi channel. I tuned into The 4400 on my own, Bailey's constant hectoring has got me watching (and loving) Battlestar Galactica, and last night, thanks to the recommendation of the Washington Post I watched the pilot for Eureka and I can't believe I'm doing this because my life is disappearing before my eyes, but I think I might add it to the Tivo rotation.

The show is about a small town in the Pacific Northwest that the United States government has populated with scientific geniuses since WWII. The town isn't on any maps, but isn't really isolated from the outside world either, it's just special, and what some of the wackadoo geniuses do there is kinda crazy and dangerous, and the whole thing is wackily charming. Especially charming (not to mention adorable!) is Colin Ferguson, the actor who plays the wide-eyed U.S. Marshall who stumbles on the town after a car accident strands him and his wayward daughter on a dark and stormy night. It was killing me trying to figure out why he looked so familiar, but his IMDB profile says he was a commenter on I Love the 80s Strikes Back. Of course he was!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad to hear Eureka is good! I just put it on my TiVo last night (I think the pilot is rerunning tonight). I'm really looking forward to it! Sadly I'm not quite the reality junkie that the rest of y'all are, so I'm desperate for some new shows to get me through the summer.

7/21/2006 9:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I get it. I'm having the same feelings about Psych, which just started on USA, with Charlie from The West Wing. I can't really rave about it, but it's definitely got quirk, and sometimes that just makes for a nice hour in front of the TV.

7/21/2006 11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

8/05/2006 4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8/10/2006 9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

8/16/2006 6:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home