Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, July 17, 2006

I know there is a fight in a fountain....

You have all heard me lament how boring this summer has been, television-wise. This weekend I decided to stop whining and actually do something about it.

What will I do, you ask? Will I take up a non-television-related hobby? Will I executive produce shows that air in the summer? Will I lobby the networks to air original programming year-round? Of course not. I'm going to rent Dynasty.

Once I came to this decision, I couldn't believe the idea hadn't occurred to me before. After all:
* I have never watched Dynasty, so it's all new to me.
* I have heard that Dynasty is cattier than Beverly Hills, 90210 or Melrose Place. Does this mean there will be people on Dynasty bitchier than Amanda Woodward and Kimberly Shaw? Apparently!
* Aaron Spelling shows stand the test of time--last year I re-watched the entire run of Melrose Place and it was even greater than I remembered.
* There aren't going to be any new Aaron Spelling shows coming out, so I should really get around to watching what everyone calls one of his best.
* The '80s fashions are authentic. It won't just be a show that is filmed now taking place in the '80s, pretending to do '80s fashion. It's real, true, '80s clothing on the screen.

Unfortunately, only season 1 is currently available on DVD. Hopefully by the time I am done watching it, they will have released a few more seasons.

Suddenly the summer doesn't seem all that bad.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura Holt said...

That's what the summer is for, catching up on all those series you missed the first time around. I'm finally watching Battlestar Gallactica, which is brilliant, and I have a Netflix queue full of other T.V. shows I've missed.

In the non-brilliant category of summer entertainment is Big Brother All Stars, which I started watching on Sunday after reading the recaplets on Television Without Pity. I'd forgotten how entertaining I find Evil Dr. Will. He really should have auditioned for Kill Reality.

7/17/2006 5:41 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Oh, have you been watching Big Brother All Stars? I considered doing so, but wasn't sure if I should. I assume Boogie is in there with Evil Dr. Will? I should start DVRing it.

7/17/2006 6:24 PM  
Blogger Laura Holt said...

I'm watching it. Three hours more of my life gone each week. How could I not watch it?

Yeah, Boogie is back.

7/17/2006 7:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home