Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, July 17, 2006

I know there is a fight in a fountain....

You have all heard me lament how boring this summer has been, television-wise. This weekend I decided to stop whining and actually do something about it.

What will I do, you ask? Will I take up a non-television-related hobby? Will I executive produce shows that air in the summer? Will I lobby the networks to air original programming year-round? Of course not. I'm going to rent Dynasty.

Once I came to this decision, I couldn't believe the idea hadn't occurred to me before. After all:
* I have never watched Dynasty, so it's all new to me.
* I have heard that Dynasty is cattier than Beverly Hills, 90210 or Melrose Place. Does this mean there will be people on Dynasty bitchier than Amanda Woodward and Kimberly Shaw? Apparently!
* Aaron Spelling shows stand the test of time--last year I re-watched the entire run of Melrose Place and it was even greater than I remembered.
* There aren't going to be any new Aaron Spelling shows coming out, so I should really get around to watching what everyone calls one of his best.
* The '80s fashions are authentic. It won't just be a show that is filmed now taking place in the '80s, pretending to do '80s fashion. It's real, true, '80s clothing on the screen.

Unfortunately, only season 1 is currently available on DVD. Hopefully by the time I am done watching it, they will have released a few more seasons.

Suddenly the summer doesn't seem all that bad.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Oh, have you been watching Big Brother All Stars? I considered doing so, but wasn't sure if I should. I assume Boogie is in there with Evil Dr. Will? I should start DVRing it.

7/17/2006 6:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home