Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Friday, July 14, 2006

St. Elsewhere

I've been listening a lot lately to the Gnarls Barkley cd, St. Elsewhere. I'm sure you have all heard the song "Crazy," which is ubiquitous, but the rest of the cd is good too. There's even a Violent Femmes cover.

But, to be honest, I was primed to love it by this profile of Danger Mouse by Chuck Klosterman in the New York Times magazine. Two salient facts:

First, he and Cee Lo will only be photographed dressed as movie characters. I would like to become a rap star just so I can impose completely random conditions like that.

Second, Woody Allen's movies changed his life. I can totally relate to that. This phase has long since passed, but there was a period in my life when I had to see every Woody Allen movie ever made.

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Ingalls Wilder said...

I Lurve "Crazy." Which is consistent with the fact that I love every song on the radio right now. I don't know what's wrong with me.

7/14/2006 3:34 PM  
Blogger thekeez said...

It was a given, back in the day, that you always went to the new Woody Allen movie. You didn't wait for the reviews, you didn't wait for someone else to see it - you went - preferably on opening night...thekeez

7/17/2006 1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home