Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Threesomes, Foursomes, and a Twosome?

Well for those who complain that Entourage often lacks plot movement, last night certainly had plenty. Where to begin. Why, with the return of Sloan and, of course, her friend. While at first I thought the threesome routine was a rip off of a great Seinfeld (involving George's genius idea of how Jerry can dump his girlfriend and date her roommate), it actually seems integral to creating a new major plot development regarding Eric's love life. I, for one, actually like Sloan and have missed her this season, but dramatic tension beckons, and it seems E is quite smitten with the trois of his menage. (I know that when translated that actually makes no sense.)

As for the foursome, that would be Vince, E, Ari, and Alan of WB as they dance regarding whether Vince will do A2. Last night, we had Ari going as crazy as we have ever seen him (and we know how much he needs his cut of a really big check to Vince. I mean, no lox at a staff meeting--what is this world coming to!) Vince is perhaps too clever by half, and may end up SOL in his dealings with the first real heavy Entourage has seen. Again, Vince's failure to confide in E is hurting him as E, for all of his pizza parlor background, has a good sense of what Vince needs to do to thrive. Yet by the end of the season, I'm sure Vince will have a new role, whether it's playing Aquaman, Pablo Escobar, or someone else. Even if Jake Gyllenhaal gets Aquaman (just like he almost got Spidey when Tobey Maguire played hardball (coincidence, I think not)) and Benicio gets Escobar (great call), Vince will survive. After all, Turtle needs him as much as he needs Turtle.

Finally, our twosome--Drama and Lloyd! No, not in that sense. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.) But Drama wants a career and so does Lloyd. Even if he ends up as the older brother on Ed Burns's new show (echoes of Lisa Kudrow on the underappreciated Comeback?) This could get amusing in so many different ways.

Until next week, VICTORY!

4 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Okay, do you think that Benicio was actually offered the Escobar role? My first thought was that Ari was making that up so that Vince would be more likely to do Aquaman 2.

7/18/2006 12:32 PM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

I'm not sure. I certainly think Ari would say almost anything that would get him his pay day. (Where's Mrs. Ari?) It also took me a while to realize where I recognize Tori from, but Diane hit the nail on the head.

7/18/2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger Red Fraggle said...

What does it say about me that I know the actress from Harold and Kumar go to White Castle?

7/18/2006 3:10 PM  
Blogger Isaac, your bartender said...

That is a great movie. Although I think Mrs. Bartender and I were the only people in the theater not stoned. And a genius role from Neil Patrick Harris.

7/18/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home