Pop Culture Junkette

Addicted to pop culture.

Monday, June 12, 2006

When The Court Gets It Right

I know we have said over and over that this is not a political blog (and it's not), BUT I must comment on the Supreme Court's latest death-penalty decision. Basically the Court held that in cases where new DNA evidence suggests that in fact a death-row inmate MIGHT NOT HAVE DONE ANYTHING WRONG AT ALL, the individual facing death has the right to bring a lawsuit and challenge his sentence. Seems like a no-brainer to me. I'm thrilled at least 5 of the Justices got this important case right.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Red Fraggle said...

Gee, I wonder who the dissenters were....

6/12/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger Bailey Quarters said...

I was also happy about the outcome of the Hill case, which is near and dear to my heart. It was unanimous too!

6/12/2006 3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home